Your use in any way of the Service is subject to these Terms.
- be aged 18 or over
- only use the Service for your personal use and not for any business purposes
- only have one active registration for the Service at any one time
- keep your password and any other security features secure and not allow others to use them or your registration
- ensure all information provided to us is accurate, honest and not misleading
- tell us of any changes to your registration details, in particular your email address
- act reasonably and honestly
- comply with all applicable laws and market regulations and any Documentation
We may, and Third Party Providers may, refuse or deny access to anyone, using reasonable discretion.
We will use reasonable care in compiling the Service and will use reasonable endeavours to make the Service available to you.
Suitability of Service
You acknowledge that the Service does not aim to provide advice tailored to individual investors or your needs and that you can lose money on investments. The Service should never be used in isolation of your individual circumstances. You must consider your financial circumstances, risk tolerance, liquidity needs and investment objectives. The Service does not replace the advice of an authorised investment professional or independent financial adviser.
Content in the Service is not appropriate for the purposes of making a decision to carry out a transaction or trade. You should check all information and prices with your broker immediately prior to carrying out any trade.
The information provided in the Service is solely for your personal, non-trading use. You are expected to make your own investment decisions without undue reliance on it. For this, you should seek independent financial advice. It is not a real-time service.
What we are NOT liable for
We and our Third Party Providers are therefore NOT liable for the following in relation to your use of the Service:
- any indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits or revenue or investment
- loss of data
- any loss which is not reasonably foreseeable
- promotions, competitions, offers for goods, events promoted on the Service which are run by third parties such as advertisers or sponsors
- events beyond our/their reasonable control, including telecommunications or the Internet and computer viruses
- factual, technical or typographical errors or omissions, missing or unavailable or incomplete Content or the fact Content is not up to date
- downtime or delays in the Service or in provision of Content.
The law contains some other implied warranties such as “satisfactory quality” and “fitness for purpose” which we regard as inappropriate for an information service and therefore they do not apply, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- are prepared for experienced investors with a high degree of financial sophistication and knowledge
- contain the views of Contributors, not us. In particular, “buy”, “sell” or “hold” statements regarding particular investments represent the Contributor’s opinion regarding those investments and not a specific investment recommendation which you should rely on, irrespective of your personal circumstances. If you need investment advice you should consult an independent financial adviser.
- do not attempt to take into account all circumstances or estimates, whether economic, financial or competitive
- are not always updated to reflect changes in such circumstances or changes in opinion of a Contributor or the market
- contain notices and disclaimers inserted by Contributors. You should familiarise yourself with these notices/disclaimers and seek advice, if appropriate, from an authorised financial adviser
Content and form of the Service
We may make changes to the Content and form of the Service but we shall not fundamentally change its nature. If removal of Content is materially to your disadvantage, you can end the Service, without penalty by sending us a notice.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Content
You agree that all intellectual property rights in the Service and the Content, including trademarks, are and shall remain the property of us and/or Third Party Providers and you shall not acquire any rights in them.
You may only use Content for your own personal use. You may not store or archive Content, except on a temporary basis so that you can read it. You will not otherwise remove or alter any Content on the Service and you may not forward, distribute, copy or otherwise exploit the Content or Service without our prior written consent.
In particular, you may not copy or paste Content into other web sites.
You agree that your details will be used as set out in the data protection/privacy notice and because we are part of an international group, data will be transferred to countries outside the EU which do not have privacy laws or laws which provide information equivalent to the EU Data Protection laws.
You must obtain their prior permission before you use anyone else’s details from or in connection with the Service.
Third Party Rights
You acknowledge that Third Party Providers may have rights in the Content or Materials and that they and our Group companies may enforce and enjoy protection of these Terms in accordance with the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. We can, however, change these Terms without asking such Third Parties. Apart from such persons, no one shall have the right to enforce any of these Terms.
The Service contains links to and collaborates with third party Web sites and Internet resources. This is done for your convenience. This does not mean that we endorse or approve such sites on their Content. These third party sites are not under our control and we shall not be liable for your reliance on their content.
End of Terms/Service
We may suspend or end your use of this Service by giving you notice, which will be appropriate to the circumstances. An example might be if you breach the law, security, intellectual property rights or chatroom guidance rules for example.
You may end your registration by contacting us.
On termination of the Service, your rights to use it and any Content end.
We may change these Terms on reasonable notice to you. This will be done by posting a notice on the Service and material changes will also be sent to you by email. If the changes are detrimental to you, you may end the Service by giving notice to us.